The Restructuring and Insolvency team of Abreu Advogados is formed by a group of lawyers with solid experience and in-depth knowledge of pre-insolvency and corporate insolvency cases involving both national and multinational companies.
Always subject to a prior and careful assessment of the possible presence of conflict of interest, the Restructuring and Insolvency team of Abreu Advogados frequently represents the interests of creditors (including special revitalization processes), members of the statutory bodies and also shareholders of companies who are faced with such processes.
In addition to corporate matters, the Restructuring and Insolvency team of Abreu Advogados has delivered ongoing strategic advice to members of statutory bodies on criminal matters.
Furthermore, the Restructuring and Insolvency team of Abreu Advogados has wide experience in corporate restructuring of Portuguese companies operating in Portugal alone, of foreign companies operating in Portugal, and of Portuguese enterprises doing business abroad (international Portuguese companies), which as a result of their cross border expansion need to be restructured in Portugal and in the other jurisdictions in which they do business.
The Restructuring and Insolvency team of Abreu Advogados works very closely with the financial, tax and labour law teams of the firm, which provides for dynamic teams that ensure each client receives a swift, specialized service focusing entirely on workable solutions and practices and dedicated to safeguarding the interests of clients.
The Restructuring and Insolvency team of Abreu Advogados is qualified to provide legal advice on restructuring and insolvency in issues related to:
- Company insolvency cases, either on behalf of creditors, of the members of the statutory bodies or of the shareholders of the insolvent companies;
- The recovery and restructuring of companies, which may arise directly from insolvency proceedings, following the approval of recovery plans, or may be used as a preventive measure or for maximizing the effective use of resources ;
- Advice in special pre-insolvency processes (including PEAPs);
- Advice to creditors on the acquisition of goods from insolvency estates;
- Legal advice on insolvency estates and judicial administrators;
- Advice and representation in cross-border insolvency proceedings;
- Advice on foreign insolvency proceedings and secondary proceedings;
- Advice on qualifying events, including from a criminal perspective.
"One client mentions that the team is "impeccable in terms of timing, technical skills and availability."
“Abreu Advogados combines ‘high professionalism with understanding of personal matters’ and is especially active in the real estate funds sector. Practice head Francisco Patrício and associates Renata Silva Alves and Gonçalo Delicado ‘try to look at the business as a whole’ and ‘always search for the most appropriate solution’".